We are excited to announce that tax preparation will be back for 2021!
This year we will not be scheduling any appointment times but will be providing taxes on a first come, first served basis.
You can expect the same great accuracy, service, and quality that you have experienced in the past.
Your safety is our top priority so we will ask that everyone wear a mask and be socially distant the entire time. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Starting on January 30, tax preparation will be available:
Thursday mornings: 9AM-11AM
Thursday evenings: 6PM-8PM
Saturday mornings: 9AM-11AM
Please Note: There are a limited number of appointments available each day (first come, first served) based on the number of volunteer tax preparers.
- To maintain safety we will not be entering the Healing Center through the main entrance.
- Follow the signs to parking on the opposite side of the Healing Center building.
- Look for the entrance to the Arena.
Can I shop for services that day? You will most likely not be able to shop for services the same day you come for your tax return preparation.
Please remember we can only complete tax returns for those whose income is below $65,000.
Bring the following documents with you.
(If any of these documents do not sound familiar, it may be because you don’t need them.)
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business
- Employer Identification Number
Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Please bring last year’s tax preparation documents. Our computer system will not have saved the information from the previous year, so it is very important that you bring last year's preparation documents to your appointment.
If you have any further questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org