Tax preparation is back for 2021!
We will be available for tax preparation:
- Thursday mornings check-in starting at 8:30AM
- Thursday evenings check-in starting at 6PM (NO THURSDAY PM TAX PREPARATION AVAILABLE AFTER April 8, 2021)
- Saturday mornings check-in starting at 8:30AM
Please Note: We are extending tax preparation through May 13 however there will be no preparers available Thursday PM. We will take only the number of meetings each day that we have volunteer tax preparers for.
This year we will not be scheduling any appointment times but will be providing taxes on a first come, first-served basis.
You can expect the same great accuracy, service, and quality that you have experienced in the past.
Your safety is our top priority so we will ask that everyone wear a mask and be socially distant the entire time. Hand sanitizer will be provided.
Due to high demand, in order to get tax returns prepared at this location we will only be allowing check-in via text message.The phone number and code word to text will be placed in the parking lot shortly before it is time to check-in.
If you are unable to text to check-in please find additional locations that the United Way provides this service at uwgc.org/community-impact/free-tax-prep or call 211.
- To maintain safety we won't be entering the Healing Center through the main entrance.
- Follow the signs to parking on the opposite side of the Healing Center past the Student Union (to the far left if you are facing the front of the Healing Center).
- Look for the entrance to the Arena.
Can I shop for services that day? You will most likely not be able to shop for services the same day you come for your tax return preparation.
Please remember we can only complete tax returns for those whose income is below $65,000.
Bring the following documents with you.
(If any of these documents do not sound familiar, it may be because you don’t need them.)
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- If you do not have a Social Security number, an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse, and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business
- Employer Identification Number
Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Please bring last year’s tax preparation documents. Our computer system will not have saved the information from the previous year, so it is very important that you bring last year's preparation documents to your meeting.
If you have any further questions please email email@example.com