Free Tax Prep: VITA

Free tax preparation services are available from January 30 - April 11, 2020 at the Healing Center through a partnership with The United Way.

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program (VITA), is available to those who made $65,000 or less last year. The Healing Center location can serve individuals who speak English, Spanish and use American Sign Language, by appointment only.


Volunteer for tax season January–April 2020 with the free VITA program that helps lower-income taxpayers. Materials and assistance will be provided. Email Amy at for more information.

How to Make an Appointment

To make an appointment please call us at 513-346-4080 or stop in. You must speak with a receptionist to make an appointment.

  • Tuesday - Friday 9am-5pm
  • Thursday 6:30pm-9pm (appointments made in-person only)
  • Saturday 9am-12pm (appointments made in-person only)

Appointments are only made one month in advance, so we do fill up quickly. If we are full, feel free to call back in case there are cancellations. We look forward to serving you!

If you have questions about your personal taxes or previously filed returns, you can find information at the IRS website

What to Bring to Your Appointment

You must have these items at your appointment.

  • Proof of identification (photo ID)

  • Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents

  • An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number

  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN

  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return

  • Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers

  • Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)

  • Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received

  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available

  • Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check

  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms

  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number

  • Forms 1095-A, B and C, Health Coverage Statements

  • Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable