The Hunger Walk is a 5K (3.1 miles) walk or run in downtown Cincinnati on Memorial Day, Monday, May 29, 2017 at 9am in Downtown Cincinnati.
The Hunger Walk is our biggest opportunity each year to raise funds to provide food to guests throughout the year. The Healing Center serves more than
3,000 children, senior citizens and adults each month, so the Hunger Walk is critical to our service to the community.
Even if you're not walking/running in the Hunger Walk, you can still support the Healing Center by registering.
How does the Freestore Foodbank provide SO much food for my registration? ($20 = over 60 meals!)
The Freestore Foodbank warehouse is comprised of two kinds of product – purchased and donated. There are very generous donors who donate product on a large scale which allows the Freestore Foodbank to provide that inventory for agencies.
WALK/RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 7–8:55am: Registration and Packet Pick-up*
- 8:40am: Meet for group photo (at the Sing the Queen City sign, 25 E. Freedom Way, 45202)
- 9:00am: Walk/Race Begins
- 9:15am: Post Party begins at Carol Ann’s Carousel/Smale Park (Walkers supporting the Healing Center who arrive between 9 –11am ride for free!)
*Packets can also be picked up on Saturday, May 27 or Sunday, May 28 from 12–4pm at the Freestore Foodbank Distribution Center, 1250 Tennessee Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45229
Even if you're not participating in the Hunger Walk, register to support the Healing Center.
Hunger Walk Route
Parking is available on the street or in the garage under The Banks located at Joe Nuxhall Way, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Ways to Register
- At the Vineyard: (May 6/7, May 13/14 & May 20/21)
- Online: HealingCenterCincinnati.org/hungerwalk
- By Mail: Send your registration form and check to
Freestore Foodbank Hunger Walk, 1141 Central Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45202
- By Phone: Call (513) 482-FOOD (3663); credit card required
- At the Hunger Walk at The Banks